Chilhowee Leather Fender Bibs
Click On Your Ride
If you just can't bring yourself to put a vinyl fender bib
on your bike, then take a close look at Chilhowee Motorcycle
Leather Fender Bibs. In a class by themselves, our Fender Bibs
offer your naked fender protection from scarring and denting
if you ride with a solo seat. Of course, it probably won't hurt
your feelings when you get all the attention our head turning
fender bib will bring!
We guarantee your satisfaction or your money back!
Here's why Chilhowee handcrafted leather
Fender Bibs are the finest quality available:
- We start by selecting our hides by hand. That means we pay
close attention to each hide and handpick the best leather for
the job - and only the finest cuts are used.
- Then Chilhowee artisans cut out the fender bib template for
your specific brand and model from durable 8 oz full grain, specially
tanned Buffalo hide.
- If you order studs, we mark the fender bib for them (1 ¼-inch
centers) and then hand-mount the finest quality studs available,
guaranteed not to rust. You decide if you want studs!
- Now a premium quality concho, if that's on your option list,
is positioned on the leather and installed. You pick out which
concho or none at all!
- Next, we select a layer of butter-soft cowhide (flesh-side
down) and sew it to the underside of the fender bib / tank panel
to protect the finish of your fender using rot-proof stitching.
If you select edge piping, it is sewn between the two layers of
leather at this stage.
- If you opt for the hand-laced edges (our favorite), we mark
the fender bib for the locations of holes (1-inch centers), and
punch each hole by hand. Using 1/8-inch full grain leather lacing,
the outside edges of the fender bib are laced by hand to complete
the look. You decide what kind of edging!
- Finally, your fender bib is treated with Buffalo Butter Advanced
Leather Conditioner and 303 Anti-fade Protectant to give your
motorcycle leather product a great start at a long life!